Saturday, August 20, 2016

Five Years

Five years ago today, at 1:30 p.m., I was a radiant bride.  I was wearing a beautiful white dress (purchased for $99, thank you), my hair and makeup were fixed so prettily.  But more than all that, I wore a glow that can only be worn by a bride on her wedding day.

Five years later, I don't look quite so radiant.  Two children later (and a baby who still refuses to sleep through the night), I am just plain exhausted.  These days, I don't sparkle quite like I did that day. Instead, I work to make the toilet bowl shine and the kitchen glow after dinner is all put away.

These days, life is not easy.  But still, after five years, my husband is by my side.  To his credit, he hasn't left me yet!

Today, I donned my glimmering bridal headband, earrings, and bracelet that I wore five years ago.  It is a little tradition I started, so I can feel a bit more connected to that day.  They came with me to the zoo, where Brian and I brought our boys.  Today, we celebrated as a family.

I'm so grateful for my husband, and I hope we have forty-five more years together!

I love you, darling.