Friday, September 2, 2016

Summer Summary Via Pics

Well, not actually the whole summer.  These photos are just from August.

Silas did not want to be in the pool.  He was in there long enough to take this photo, and that was it.  I remember Caleb didn't like to be in the pool, either, but now, he loves it.  He stayed in there for a while!

It was so good for Silas and Daddy to spend more time together!

No, Silas didn't lose weight!  That's my nephew, Isaac!  He looks so much like his big sister, Lindsey.

Never did I think my sister and I would have babies together.  She was "done" just before I got married, when her twins arrived.  God had other ideas.  These two are the closest in age between any other cousins!

I could not resist buying matching pajamas for the boys.  One cold night, they had them on instead of their warm weather jammies.  (And yes, Silas pulled his sock off.)

It might not be earth-shattering, but this is Caleb's last donut.  Not that he had donuts a lot, but because we are going gluten-free, I had to give him one last treat.

Brian's summer dream came true.  We saw a bear in the neighbor's yard across the street.  I saw four bears in our front yard back in April, but Brian was at work.  He ran outside, ignoring my desperate pleas of "Don't cross the street!" and began to growl at the bear.  Mr. Bear was too busy eating the trash to care about my husband.  Thank goodness.

This was a big deal to Caleb.  He conquered all sorts of slides this summer:  big ones and spiral ones.  He had been eyeing this all throughout one visit, but kept chickening out.  When he did it, he was so happy.  And so were we!

This was just too cute not to include.  No recollection of where we are going.

One of Silas's favorite places to be!

Caleb loves the playground!

The boys love the sandbox.  I, however, don't like how much sand they carry with them into the house!

This was on our anniversary when we went to the zoo.  Apparently the cashier taking the photo could not wait for Silas to turn around.

And today, we went to school with Daddy to help him set up his classroom!  How we are going to miss him!