Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Anna: 3 Months



How in the world we are three months in already with this little love of ours, I have no idea.  I keep telling her to stop growing so fast, and she simply will not listen!

She loves to coo.  She also loves to give those adorable, big, gummy smiles that babies are famous for.  Her mood seems to be best first thing in the morning.  I bring her over to the table to sit by us in her rocker on the floor, while we eat breakfast.  When I look down at her, she's already gazing up at me, seemingly hanging onto my every word, giving me an enormous smile.

The sleep honeymoon is over, and we're at that icky stage now.  She can't get herself to sleep, and she's too young for full bore cry-it-out.  So I do a combo of soothing and cry-it-out.  Sometimes my soothing doesn't work, and the bathroom will not clean itself, so I leave her be (but I check on her continually).  I am looking forward to the day when sleep takes on a by-the-clock pattern and she will go down for about the same time each day.  She's still a bit too young for that, and now she goes down after every two hours of wakefulness, or sooner.

Caleb adores his sister.  There's nothing he would not do for her.  Every morning, he goes to find which room she is in (either our room or the kitchen), so he can say hello.  He tells me how he's going to teach her to climb stairs at the park and all sorts of things.  She loves to look at him, and they get a lot of giggles from each other.

Silas is certainly aware of her, and he helps me drag her rocker to the table in the morning.  He spends each morning gazing at her as well.  I think in time, they will be great playmates, eventually.

Some of our current nicknames for her are as follows:

Girl- We say this with all the love and endearment our hearts can hold.  After having two boys, "Girl" is a nickname of high honor in this house

Princess- 'Nough said.

Doll Face- Because, honestly, she's my little dolly!

Anna Lynn- We love her first and middle name in full!

Pink Snowflake- That's Daddy's very own name for our girl born in February!

Needless to say, we adore our little cherub!