Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Since Brian's school district tacked two unused snow days onto Memorial Day weekend, we decided to head up to see his parents.  Brian's folks escape the winter cold at their second home in Arizona for a few months each year, and we hadn't seen them since just before Christmas.

I really like Brian's hometown.  Every time I'm up there, I stare in awe at the landscape- rolling hills that seem to go on and on- so unlike where I grew up.  Yes, I had the beach, but everywhere else in my neck of the woods was completely built up.  If there was a speck of land, they'd build something on it.  Another store, another strip mall, another Dunkin Donuts, etc.  It was convenient all right.  It just wasn't very pretty.  Driving on Brian's very own street, it looks like a postcard.  I can't get enough of looking at it.

We had a great visit.  We spent time with Brian's parents who seem to enjoy my stories of what it is like to live with their son.  We also had a lovely visit with our niece and nephew, Brian's sister and brother-in-law, Brian's grandma (I call her "Grandma", too), and Brian's cousin Debbie.  Oh, and we absolutely cannot forget Puttitat.

Here are a few photos of our time with Lauren and Ethan:





Aren't they cute? :)