Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday With My Husband

Today is my birthday.  This was the second birthday I have ever missed spending at my home in NJ. I spent one summer in Pasadena to complete my training for teaching abroad.  Brian and I did go home two weeks ago, and I celebrated a pre-birthday with my family.

So Brian was all on his own today, and he did just fine.  I was happy to wake up next to him, my first birthday as a married woman.

I could write so much more on this blog.  I want to and have desired to over the past couple of weeks.  I have tons of pictures of my trip home:  my nieces and nephews, my poor mom in her arm sling and boot for her broken foot that were the result of a recent fall.  I have photos of Brian kayaking down the Delaware River as I stood on the bridge above him.  Time has not allowed it, as Brian and I are preparing to move into our own home.  We are ecstatic, but overwhelmed at the same time.  Our apartment is a sea of boxes that continues to grow, and life has been challenging at best as we maneuver through this unfamiliar world of buying a home.  We are grateful for God's blessings in our lives, and we look forward to our new home with pure joy.

I will update more when we are settled in and will show a photo or two.  Please hang in with us as our lives are in a bit of transition right now.