Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Few Random Updates

Our summer has gotten off to a busy start, and I've meant to blog a hundred things by now, but haven't gotten around to it.  I'll just post some pics with a few words of what we've been up to.



Brian finished out his school year one week ago with one last performance at graduation.  Each year, his band performs a live performance of "Pomp and Circumstance".  I like to take pictures of him in action while conducting, so as the graduates marched out and everyone was busy watching them, I scurried over so I could get some better shots of Brian.

Since Brian is now on vacation, we've decided to do one fun thing a week that we don't normally do.  This past week, we went to Claws N' Paws, which is a zoo out near us here in PA.  We went there two summers ago when we were dating, and it was really nice to revisit the place.
 I caught this photo a little too late because my camera was in my bag, but Brian was face to face with this white tiger.  Of course, there is glass there, but as Mr. Tiger got close to Brian, he began to lick the glass.  Was he looking for a snack?  Did Brian look like a tasty treat?

We had to stop and pose with the gorilla painting just as we did two years ago.
Brian and I don't bite, mind you.  I just had to take this photo.  Wouldn't it make a great sign on our front door?










We've been committing this summer to walk 10,000 steps a day.  While we may not get to it every single day, we've gotten off to a great start already.  We get up early, walk 5,000, and then we walk another 5,000 in the evening.  It breaks it up and we miss the hot sun during the day.
I'm a pretty good bargain shopper, but somehow I managed to find these two watermelon slices for a penny each.  The cashier was none too happy with me.  Although they indeed rang up for one cent a piece, she insisted I ought to be charged full price.  I was calm but held my own and said that this is the price that is marked on them and I would not want them otherwise.  (Side note:  Even if a store makes a mistake, I believe it is their duty to honor their mistake.)  She called up a supervisor who took my side and said if that was what they were marked, then I could have them.  Geesh, it made me wonder if the cashier had never found a good deal in her life and didn't want anyone else to have one.  Needless to say, those were some delicious watermelons.  (Oh, by the way, the cashier did ring me up for three watermelons, but I wasn't going to balk at the one cent I was overcharged.)