Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Birthday Blessings

Yesterday was my birthday.  Instead of spending it with one guy, I'm a lucky girl that got to spend it with two.

 Brian, my true love #1.

Caleb, my true love #2.

I was thinking yesterday that this was my third birthday in a row with a new situation.  Two years ago, I was an engaged woman.  One year ago was my first birthday as a married woman. Yesterday, it was my first as a mom.

Sadly, it is the first birthday that I did not celebrate with my family.  In all my life, I've only missed two birthdays at home in NJ.  One was last year because we were getting ready to close on our house, but Brian and I went a couple of weeks early and my family had cake for me then.  In 2005, I spent the summer in Pasadena before heading out to Prague for a year, and my family had an early birthday/going away party for me.  

Thank goodness I had two handsome men here to keep me from being lonely.  Brian took me out to breakfast to a place we had frequented when we were dating, and he took me there last year on my birthday.  I kept thinking that it was such a blessing to be able to bring Caleb with us.  

I "assisted" Brian in making my birthday cake.  Perhaps next year he can do it by himself?  I told him I'd still be there to supervise.  (And no, we don't use box mixes around here.  Homemade all the way.)

In any case, I am abundantly blessed.  I love my boys and I am very happy to be the #1 woman in both of their lives.