Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three Months

Dear Caleb,

My boy, you are really growing!  I can't believe you are three months old already!

Do you know how much your mama loves you?  I enjoy each new day with you.  We are falling into quite a routine, you and I.  Every morning you put up with my singing, "Good morning, good morning, good morning to you" and also "This is the day that the Lord has made".  You smile throughout it all, though you will one day learn that your daddy is a much better singer than mommy.  Today, on your three-month birthday, I decided to start a new routine of reading a Psalm to you each morning.  It is never too early to start hearing God's Word!

You are getting stronger every day.  Look out, world!  Here comes my boy!  Your neck muscles are gaining strength and you can now roll over to your right side, though you usually roll right back.  And those kicks!  I can hardly stand how cute it is to see those legs of yours go in the air.

You are quite taken with yourself.  During car rides, you stare at yourself in your little mirror, completely fascinated with the little boy that is looking back with you.  I can't blame you at all, for I feel exactly the same way!

Your daddy and I are completely in love with you, and we are absolutely dreading the upcoming move from the bassinet to your own crib in your very own room.  I'm not sure what I shall do when you will no longer be by my side all night long.  No doubt, you will deal with the transition much better than I.

I love you, my darling boy!  My life is so much more full with your smiles and wide-eyed looks.  Just please, don't grow up too fast.  I want to hold on to these sweet days for as long as I possibly can, and yes, I will milk that bassinet for all it is worth.

Love,
Your mama