Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Ups And Downs Of Parenting


This is a picture of Caleb when he was only one month old.  How easy sleep was then!  (Side note: Caleb still wears those socks.  They didn't seem to be too big then, but they still fit him.  I'm not sure if they have just stretched out, or what.  My mom definitely got her money's worth when she got those.)

Brian and I are at war right now.  It's the battle to improve Caleb's sleep.  I am trying to read as much I can of "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Marc Weissbluth as time permits.  After waking up at 2 a.m. the other night, and not being able to go back to sleep no matter what we did to help him, enough was enough.

It's hard right now, and it seems like we take one step forward and two steps back, but we'll keep pushing through.  It also seems like we are having more success with nighttime sleep than with naps, which are atrocious.  As I've been trying to fix them, they have gotten worse, if that were even possible.  Please keep us in your prayers!