Sunday, July 27, 2014

More Birthday Visitors

I am woefully late posting anything these days.  Forget trying to post anything while Caleb is underfoot.  Late nights this past week or two have been spent doing odd jobs such as organizing, cleaning the fridge, cleaning up paperwork... etc.  Sometimes when you get caught in a whirlwind of cleaning, you just keep going, and before you know it, it is well past your bedtime.

My birthday was this past Wednesday, and the day started early with a phone call from my sister and her kids, all singing "Happy Birthday, Aunt Courtney" which was too cute for words.  Brian took me out for my traditional birthday breakfast.  I managed to spill my glass of orange juice on my skirt and one leg of Caleb's shorts.  One of the waiters came to bring a wet rag and said something to Caleb like "It's okay, buddy," thinking, of course, that the toddler did it.  I couldn't let my innocent boy take the blame, so I admitted the truth of my clumsy moment.  Brian then drove me to Dunkin Donuts for my iced coffee, because, really, what's a birthday without an iced caffeinated beverage?  Plus I had a coupon for the thing, so it was well worth it.

Brian's parents came down for a visit, and it was so good to spend some time with them.  His mom brought dinner and cake, and that was present enough for me, since combined with breakfast, I didn't have to cook at all that day.  Brian's mom had the difficult task of attempting to prepare food based on a diet that Brian and I are both doing, and she did a great job.  (Okay, of course the cake was a splurge.)



We ended the night with The Game of Life.  I am happy to report that the birthday girl won!  It was a sweet victory, since my husband was gloating about all the money he had during the game, and from the looks of it, seemed to be beating everyone.  After a slow start, I managed to get the highest paying career and I won every single jackpot in the game.  Therefore, a certain someone had to eat humble pie for dessert.  Don't worry; it didn't interfere with the diet. :)

Brian's parents stayed the night and helped us with a few odds and ends around the house.  They definitely enjoyed their time with Caleb, and he did pretty well with them, too.  He always seems to do better with folks when they stick around for a little while and he has time to warm up as opposed to just walking in the door.


It was a good birthday!  The Lord has been very good to me, and I am grateful with the life I have here in PA with my two men.  It is so easy to grow discontent with all of unanswered wants/wishes/desires, but really, I have a good life.