Thursday, August 20, 2015

Four Years

Brian and I were married four years ago today!

I sort of feel like we've come from being college freshmen to seniors, though I'm not sure we'll ever graduate.  Marriage is a constant growing and learning experience.  I don't think we'll be official graduates until maybe we are in our sixties.

Every year, I dedicate our wedding song to Brian on the Christian radio station that we listen to. Last year, I had forgotten to turn the radio on, because I was caught up in research on the computer at the time.  I had been researching why I was having trouble getting pregnant again, and finding the solution eventually led to our Silas.

Today, we missed listening to the song because Brian took me out for a late breakfast!  Normally, he takes me to out for dinner to a restaurant by Lake Wallenpaupack, and while it isn't that far away (about 25 minutes), Silas is literally nursing all the time (he's been having some issues), and I didn't want to go that far away at this time.  (I'm not a big fan of public nursing, even with a cover, and would much prefer to do it in private in my own home.)  Instead, he took me to a breakfast/lunch place down the street from us this morning, where he used to take me on my weekend trips to visit him when we were dating.  After church, and before I'd return to NJ, he'd always treat me to a meal. It was neat to go there today for our fourth anniversary, and with our TWO sons!

We decided to give each other grace in the gifts department, being that we did JUST have a baby last week!  We decided to give each other actual gifts on September 20 so we could have a little bit more time to think about it/acquire said gifts.

I donned my wedding gear once again, as I do every year:  the headband, earrings, and bracelet I wore on my wedding day.  It's just a small, but neat little thing that connects me to that beautiful day in which I was a bride.

I am so grateful for this godly man God has given me.  He is a wonderful husband, and I pray that we will grow old together.  He's my best friend and I am so blessed to call him mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment