Monday, December 21, 2015

Great Minds Think Alike/And Then There Were Four


When I got my sister's Christmas card in the mail, I had already ordered mine, but did not yet have them.  After I oohed and aahed over her pictures, I kept thinking something seemed vaguely familiar about her card.  Then I realized, I had ordered the very same!

What are the odds?  Well, we are sisters, after all!  I wonder what all of our family members thought when they received the matching cards from both of us!


It gives me such great pleasure to see four stockings hanging this year.  The year that Caleb came, I ordered stockings for the three of us.  (The first two years of marriage, I had gotten some cheapy ones, because I knew I'd get nice stockings once we had a child.)  At first, it didn't look like I was going to be able to get a matching stocking for Silas this year, but thank goodness, it became available.  Brian's sister bought us three snowflake stocking holders two years ago, and last year when I became pregnant, I asked her if she could possibly find another for the baby on the way. And she did!  After she gave it to me, I put it up, though empty, because I was dreaming of the tiny little baby in my belly.

Now, here he is, and we are ecstatic to celebrate Silas's first Christmas, and our first Christmas as a family of four!  It just gets better and better!