Saturday, December 28, 2019

33 Weeks


Here is my little bowling ball at 33 weeks!  I got a hair cut, and, this is newsworthy folks, a BLOW-DRY!  Of course, we had to take a photo.  Normally I go to Supercuts for a haircut (cheaper!), but the wait time there has gotten ridiculous.  And no, before you offer some advice, I cannot check in ahead of time because my phone doesn't have internet when I leave the house, and if we are out running errands, I have no idea when I'll make it there.  (Yes, we still live in the dark ages.)

So I opted to go to a hair salon down the road, and since it is December and not July, I paid for the extra blow-dry.  At $36 (with tip), this better be worth it!  It probably won't be repeated for another decade, at least.

It was nice, for a few minutes at least, to have someone take care of me for a change.  There are few things more soothing than someone brushing your hair, am I right?

Anyway, we are enjoying Brian's vacation, but don't think we're just relaxing.  We have been cleaning, decluttering, and cleaning some more in our efforts to get ready for baby.  While we have cleaned just about EVERYWHERE, some places are messy again:  Christmas gifts, boxes the gifts came in, mail we still need to sort through, Christmas wrap that needs to be put away, and who knows what else.  And when you have two little boys (or three, ahem, if you count the husband), things don't always stay neat.  (In all fairness to my hubby, he has been cleaning downstairs like madman.  I couldn't do it without him.)

On Monday, I'll be 34 weeks. so the new year will be rolling in with a mere 6 weeks to go.  Both of my boys were 8 days late.  Anything at all can happen, so I want to be ready for both early and late.  Brian has a school function coming up near the end of January, where he'll be taking the kids to a festival.  He is planning to have parent chaperones on hand, and alternate transportation (normally he drives them back to the school).  He simply cannot have people dependent upon him, just in case he gets an emergency phone call.

This is perhaps the hardest part of pregnancy.  It is the not knowing when to be ready, exactly.  When you live far from the hospital, it is even harder.

My prayers for all this to go smoothly get more intense as we get closer, and please God, let there be no snow!!