Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's About Time I Got Started

I finally managed to pull myself away from my kindle that Brian gave me for Christmas to begin blogging.  I had intended on starting after the new year, but didn't know I'd be caught up in one novel after the next.  How I love to read!  Now that I am no longer teaching literature, I finally have time to read literature!

Brian and I had a wonderful time in my stomping grounds of NJ over Christmas break.  How I loved seeing my family- which included my father who recently survived major heart surgery, all the way down to my baby twin nephews.  It was so great to be among familiar things, and I'm happy to say that it felt like I never left.

I wonder when or if that time will come, when home no longer feels like home?  I hope that won't happen for a long while.

It was a beautiful first Christmas together as a married couple, instead of merely dating, which was the case for the past two years.

I have much to talk about on this blog, and it is difficult to find a place to begin, seeing as I've been here in PA since the end of August and so much has happened.  For now, I'll post a few pictures that were taken over the Christmas  holiday.

Brian's parents came to see us a week before Christmas.  It was great spending time with them before they left for Arizona for the winter.

Brian's parents blessed us with a beautiful stainless steel pot and pan set, among some other gifts.  We're thankful to have it!  (Notice our teeny tree in the background!)

Our first Christmas stockings!

I've had an "Aunt" picture frame for a couple of years now that I've wanted to fill with a picture of me and all my nieces and nephews.  I figured that Christmas would be my only opportunity, but Lindsey had other ideas.

I did finally get this one several days later, but unfortunately, Adriana wasn't there.  I figure I'll have to wait until the kids are all grown before I get a picture with all of them.

Playing Adriana's game that she got for Christmas... I forget what it's called, but it sure was challenging!

Lindsey is trying to yank my husband off the floor... Emily and Lindsey sure love their Uncle Brian!

Double the cuteness.  I'll take one of those, please.
The greatest Christmas present for all of us:  my dad.  We're so grateful he's here.