Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Note To Self: Lighten Up!

Sometimes I am simply too hard on myself.

I wish I were the world's most put together woman, with the most put together home, and who takes care of and entertains her baby while making it look so easy.

The truth is, however, it is hard.  (And you are saying- you have it easy.  You only have one child.  I would agree, yes, it is nothing compared to my sister, who has four.)  Regardless, caring for a baby is hard work, and sometimes exhausting.  If I look at the things in my home that I STILL need to get to, instead of all the things I have done, it would be easy to get discouraged.  I'll admit that I do that. I often beat myself up for the one or two things I didn't get to on my "to do" list for the day.

Then, I try to get a hold of myself.  Sure, I am still waiting to find the perfect time to reorganize my kitchen cabinets, and the go-getter in me can get really hung up on stuff like that.  So instead, I look at this little guy:


I have brief pep talks with myself, that go something like this, "Courtney, every day you get to look into the face of this adorable cutie.  Who cares that the garage needs to be reorganized?  If that's the worst problem you have, you don't have any."

There you have it.  I am trying to lighten up, to not be so hard on myself.  I can be a pretty tough boss to work for, and I am my own boss!  I should really learn to treat my employees better.

I am so glad that I have Caleb's giggles to make me see the light of day.  He's way more important than kitchen cabinets.

* The above photo was taken at the end of August.  I am sadly behind on uploading my pics, and I just came across this and thought he looked so cute.