Monday, October 14, 2013

Caleb: Five Months

Dear Caleb,

Almost everyone who sees you these days comments on either one (or more) of the following three things:  1) how handsome you are 2) how big you are or 3) what gorgeous blue eyes you have.

In all truthfulness, 1 and 3 pretty much speak for themselves.  As far as number 2, we found out last month that your height is in the 99th percentile.  You are growing so fast and I can hardly keep you in the same size clothing for too long.

You have started to roll over on your left side now, but you don't do that too often.  You aren't yet able to put your foot into your mouth, but you are getting awfully close!

This will be your last month of a purely breast-fed diet.  Next month I'll start you on solids, and I feel like I really need to savor this last month of being your sole food provider.  Of course I'll still be nursing you, probably just as much as I already do, but there is a little bit of sadness at the thought that you are growing all too quickly and Mama won't always have everything that you need.

You are my treasure.  I know that I'm not the best mother, nor the best wife, nor the best person on the planet.  But I do know one thing:  God must think I'm something special, because He gave me you.

I love you, my Caleb Bear!  Boy, oh, boy, I do!

Love,
Your Mama

*Will update to include a photo.  We were traveling today and while I took some photos of Caleb, none of them are blog worthy.

**I'm finally updating with a photo eleven days later.  These were taken a day after his five month birthday.