Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Garden So Far

Okay.  Here we go.  Please don't laugh.



This is my garden so far.  I know it is pathetic, but since there is no hope for growing anything in the ground with plenty of deer afoot, at least without a fence, this is the best I can do right now.

And yes, I still need another pot for the little itty bitty cucumber plant sitting by its lonesome.

So far, I've got a few veggies (some are seeds that I planted and some are store bought plants), parsley, and basil.  I was tempted to get oregano, because I love everything about it- the smell and the taste, but I use basil more.

I'd like to find some metal brackets so I can hang the window boxes from the deck... I am hoping they make such things and that they are easy to find.  I did not find any at Walmart, so I'll have to keep looking.  I'd like to get more window boxes and plant some flowers eventually, but at least I've made a start.

Here's hoping I don't kill the plants before they even have a fair shot at life!