Thursday, November 6, 2014

Full Circle


I purchased the above outfit that you see Caleb wearing, for my nephews Matthew and Nathan.  (Of course, I purchased two.)  The funny thing is that I bought it when I was pregnant with Caleb.  Brian and I had gone home to NJ to spend Thanksgiving with my family, and I went Black Friday shopping with my parents and sister.  (Which was so much fun, by the way!)  We got out early and hit the stores, one after another.  Brian stayed at my parents' and enjoyed sleeping in!  

The shirt says, "Cool Like My Auntie" and I snatched the outfit up for the boys as soon as I saw it. It is funny that now it has returned to me, and I am no longer just an aunt, but a mother, and now my sister is the aunt of my own son.  

I didn't realize when I was buying it that the babe inside of me at that moment would one day be wearing it.  Life is funny, sometimes, and beautiful, sad, and sweet, all at the same time.