Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Another Letter To March

Dear March,

After my letter to you, things started to look up around here.  (Although, I got sick and was still housebound anyway, but you are not to blame for that.)

Now things are taking a turn once again.  We currently have snow showers going on right now, but that's not the worst of it.  The forecast is calling for 1-3 inches this Friday, and I'm not sure if you realized this, but we have our ultrasound scheduled.  This has been the highlight of the past couple of weeks that my husband and I have been looking forward to.  After being sick, and Brian working several long nights and conducting a concert, this was a light at the end of the tunnel for us.

As it is a fifty minute drive in a good weather and little traffic, obviously it would be a huge risk in snow, and given the fact that neither of our vehicles are good in the snow.

I even called my healthcare office to see about the possibility of rescheduling, and since they have very few slots open (and nothing for a couple of weeks), I opted to keep this appointment for now and pray the weather forecast would change.  Obviously, I would feel like a fool if I canceled now and the storm turned out to be a light dusting.

I realize you are an iffy month.  Anything can happen.  But Friday is the first day of Spring.  Could you please do us a favor so we can see our baby, as we are so longing to do?

I hope it is not too much to ask.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
An anxious, hopeful mommy