Friday, June 10, 2016

Silas: Ten Months

Dear Silas,

I remember what it was like one year ago.  We were getting ready for the summer, of course, but more importantly, we were getting ready for YOU.  My belly was getting larger by the minute, it seemed, and I felt you kicking mainly on my right side, because you were facing that direction.

Now, one year later, I am much smaller than I was then, and while my body will never completely be the same, I have more or less returned to my former size, or just about.  While I don't miss the discomfort, sometimes I miss you being inside of me:  snug, warm, and safe.  What a beautiful thing it is to be an expectant mother!

However, I don't have to miss you for long.  You are, after all, right here.  I kiss you and snuggle you at least a thousand times a day.  Your smiles are heavenly; your giggles are glorious.  Your skin is as soft as satin; your chubby belly is like a squishy pillow.  Your toes are like pieces of candy, and I could nibble on them all day long!  Even your doctor thinks you'd make a great Gerber baby!  Simply put, you are irresistible!

You are crawling now, and now that you are, it means I get done very little around the house.  My main job is chasing you around on the floor!  You go back and forth between a crawl and a drag, and you often drop into a roll, and that is when I really need to be on my toes, because you might hit your head on furniture, the wall, the heater, or the air conditioner.

You can finally sit up unassisted without toppling.  Your doctor said that babies with extra weight take longer to sit up!  A couple of times, you've said "ma ma", but whether it was meant for me, or mere baby babble, I do not know.

You are close to sleeping through the night.  You sleep from about 6:30-3:30.  It falls apart somewhere around 3:30 or a bit after.  Needless to say, I am up much earlier than I'd like!

You are comfortably wearing 18 month clothes, and you have four teeth!

I am so looking forward to taking you out this summer!  You, your brother, and I have been trapped all year.  But summer awaits!  While you are too young to run around outside, you can still get to see and experience new things!

Silas, you are your mama's sweetheart.  You are growing so fast, but no matter how fast you'll grow, you'll always be my little love.

I love you.

Love,
Your mama