Sunday, August 9, 2020

Waiting

While I'm Waiting
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

By:  John Waller, movie "Fireproof"

I needed to hear this song today.  Waiting is excruciating at times.  Waiting for God to move.  To change things.  To make new paths.  To reveal His will.  To heal.  To bind up wounds.  To make all things new.

You've been there, I'm sure.  We all have.  There are times I've railed at God, perhaps not always in words, but in my heart.  "You don't care," my heart would whisper.  "I pray and ask and pray and ask, and NOTHING!  Well, fine, if that's the way You want it!  I'll be a Christian in salvation, but forget going deeper.  I can't take any more!"

Then came the conviction.  Who am I to berate an Almighty God, for not doing what I think is best?  He already sent His Son to die for me.  One day I will not just stand before Him, I will fall at His feet and worship.  It is far better to worship Him now, then to wait until later. 

As this song so clearly inspires, I am choosing to trust.  Some days, it is all that I have.  Some moments, shouting the name of Jesus is all I have left.  But in the waiting, I am hopeful that He is changing me in the process, refining me, and making me new.

I hope this might encourage someone else today.  He's waiting with you.  He's waiting with me.  We don't always get the answer when we want, when we want it.  But He hasn't abandoned us.  We must not forget it.  

Lately, even though I have not seen the changes I am looking for, my faith is remaining stronger and wavering less and less.  In my weakest moments, I call out to Him.  Sometimes I sing a worship song or put on a CD.  Either way, it lifts my heart.  My problems didn't disappear, but my sorrowful heart turned a corner.  
"Some through the waters, some through the flood
Some through the fire, but all through the blood
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song
In the night season and all the day long."
"God Leads Us Along"- Gaither Vocal Band.