Thursday, November 14, 2013

Caleb: Six Months

Dear Caleb,

How is it that you are half a year old already?  I can scarcely believe it.  You have become so much more than my number one priority.  You have become my constant companion.  The life I lived before I had you seems like another life entirely.  I am a mother in the fullest sense of the word, for you are always in my utmost thoughts.

You are becoming quite a little person!  Daddy is having so much more fun with you now that you are getting bigger.  You like to grab at just about everything, and woe is me if I have not yet put my hair back for the day!  I have forbidden myself from wearing necklaces and long earrings, too!  You are so interactive and you love to laugh, and I think I'm starting to find that you are a little ticklish. Your blue eyes are sure to get great compliments wherever we go, but I never tire of hearing it.

I cherish these days with you, knowing that I am the favorite person in your world.  Countless times a day, I will look at you when in your exersaucer to find you staring at me, when I think you are occupied with some toy.  It brings a smile to my face to see you look for me, even if I'm all the way over at the sink doing dishes.  Someday another woman will replace me, but that is a long, long time away.  For today, I relish being the number one woman in your life.

Tomorrow, you will get your first taste of solid food, and your daddy and I are so excited!  What a milestone in your young life!  But don't worry.  Mama's 24-hour milk stand will still be open for you.

My sweet boy, I can't really describe what you mean to me.  Your daddy and I are head-over-heels in love with you, and while we hate waving goodbye to these early baby months, we are so excited for the future.  For Thanksgiving this year, your very first, you are of course the thing for which we are most grateful.  You are by far the best gift we've received this year- the greatest blessing in our lives. You have given my life an even deeper purpose, and I throw myself into it, wholeheartedly.

I love you, my Caleb-Bear!  You've made this Mama Bear very, very happy!

Love,
Mommy