Monday, November 25, 2013

Good Eater

I started Caleb on solid foods a little over a week ago.  At this point, I'm only giving them to him once a day, but so far he seems to be a pretty good eater.  Though he's made a few faces (what baby doesn't?), he has eaten everything I've given him and he's made it really easy on me.  He's had sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, bananas, and apples so far.  Of course, bananas were a hit.

He's still not a good sleeper, but at least he's a good eater, so that's something, right?  My Italian grandmother would be proud if she were still with us.

In other news, lifting Caleb has finally done a number on my back.  To be fair to my Caleb, I've had scoliosis for as long as I can remember.  Last week, all the lifting finally caught up with me, and I suffered some of the worst back pain I've ever had.  Good thing we have a chiropractor right across the street!  (We may live in a rural location, but I will surely boast about the few things that are close!)  I've been running to the office for some emergency TLC.  The pain has settled right at the spot where my spine takes an unfortunate curve.

Oh, well.  Caleb is worth the pain, and I keep telling myself that one day he'll be a big, strapping young man who will come running to help me bring in the groceries.  He does like to eat, after all!

Update:  One day after this post, we took Caleb to the doctor, and he weighed in at 19 lbs. 2.5 oz. My sister's kids weren't this weight until close to a year old!  He is also 28 1/2 inches long.  No wonder my back was hurting!