Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas Recap

Here I am, albeit very late, writing about Christmas.  I've been debating taking a blogging break, and that is why I am so late posting anything.  Normally I write all about Christmas, an end-of-the-year reflection and recap, hopes for the new year, etc., but I just haven't felt like doing it this year.  I have been extremely tired, and in many ways, weary, and I just don't need another thing on my long to-do list.

It was fun watching Caleb on Christmas day, but truth be told, he still had no clue about the concept of presents, so I had to open most of his gifts.  We even had to open two or three the next day, because I simply could not entice him to rip off the paper.  We had Caleb's new basketball hoop set up, and he and Daddy began making baskets even before I had put the breakfast casserole in the oven.  We began to open presents, and we all got tired (perhaps me the most), so we took a break to eat, and then we went back at it again.  I never knew that opening gifts could feel like work!

I cooked my first real turkey (just under fourteen pounds) for Brian's parents, and while I'm certainly no expert, I think everything turned out really well.

Brian's vacation flew by, as vacations are always wont to do.  We have truly loved all the extra family time, and poor Caleb is going to have a hard time of it next week, getting used to Daddy being gone. Daddy is his best friend and his favorite playmate, so it will tough for him, I know.  He'll have to make do with Mommy, though she isn't nearly as fun.

Here are some photos from Christmas: