Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Silas: Six Months

Dear Silas,

Six months!  My darling boy, I'm not sure how in the world we've arrived at half a year with you already, but here we are!  The time with you has been so precious, and it is going far too quickly.

You are blossoming so much!  Your little personality is coming out more and more, and you are so full of life!  You love to make contact.  You might be lying contentedly on the floor, but when I come over and rub my head into your belly, the giggles begin!  You seem to love all attempts at physical affection, and you reach out to me all the time.  Of course, it is normal for babies to reach out and grab, but you seem to delight in touching my face and leaving your hand there.  I love it!

Last week, you began sleeping on your belly, though so far it only happens at nap time.  It scared me, because you were completely face down, and I kept creeping in to make sure you were still breathing!  Since then, you have been taking almost all of your naps on your tummy!

You are rolling around like crazy now, and at times you are trying to get your knees underneath you.  Perhaps we will have an early crawler?  Only time will tell!

I think you are getting a tooth, and if so, it would explain the bouts of very loud fussiness we've been enduring the past couple of days.  Teething definitely is one of those things that can be as hard on the parent as the child!

It's been interesting to watch the changes in you.  A few months ago, when I started putting together a nap time/bedtime routine, you could barely sit through a reading of one story.  Now, you calmly let me read several books to you, and you rarely fuss.  I have a wonderful time with you, holding you cheek-to-cheek, while I read books, sing, and recite other stories from memory.

Caleb still makes you giggle, but I sometimes get nervous, because he can be rather rough with you. However, I look forward to watching you grow and play with Caleb more and more.  I tell the two of you all the time that you have a built-in best friend in each other.  No searching for a best man to stand beside you at the altar one day.  You have each other, and that is a wonderful gift.

Your first Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and it is my first with three men!  I can remember when I didn't even have one!  My cup runneth over!

Silas, I love you.  I love watching you grow, but I wish you weren't doing it so fast!  I want to enjoy you just as you are now- forever.

Love,
Your mama