Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pictures Tell the Story

It is getting harder and harder to sit down and blog, with a toddler who doesn't play well independently, and a baby who loves to roll on the floor.  Nobody understands if Mommy is sitting stationary at the computer.  Here are a few pictures to show what we've been up to:

 Brothers. It is fun to see them start to play together, though "play" usually involves Caleb grabbing a toy out of his defenseless brother's hands. Still, it is cute to see them together, and Caleb joins Silas more and more on the floor. And  yes, Silas did pull his sock off in this photo. Nothing new there.

 Be still Daddy's heart!  His little man is already at the piano!

 Caleb loves to dress like Daddy.  (Except for the fireman's hat...)  He's got Daddy's fleece vest on (head through the arm hole), and Daddy's slippers.  I finally had to ban the slippers as he kept tripping all over the place.  Meanwhile, he has his own perfectly good slippers, which sit unused.  (Many times, when Daddy comes home from work, Caleb grabs his discarded tie and name badge, and wears them immediately.  It is fun to be like Daddy!)

 There are few things more irresistible in this life than this boy's smiles.  I swear, they can light the darkest tunnel.  He will look at me from across the room and give me the brightest smile, the biggest grin.  I love it!  Here, he is wearing his brother's old dedication outfit.

 Not much to say here; a picture speaks a thousand words.  Except that I carry this boy in my arms, many, many times throughout the day, but no one is there to take our photo :(

Meet my new nephew!  Isaac James, born March 23rd (one day after my sister's birthday), 9 lbs., 7 oz., 21 3/4 inches.  It really was amazing that Caleb's and my doctor's appointments in NJ worked out that we were there when he arrived.

My sister.  Doesn't she look fabulous one day postpartum?!  Really.  And she is a mother of five, no less.  She gave birth at home, with her midwife, of course.  She always was way tougher than I; I am so proud of her.