Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Brian's Birthday

I am woefully late in posting this, but that is due to the fact that I've struggled to find the time to sit at the computer, upload pictures, and write a post.  Caleb's nap time sleep has gone haywire, and we both have been startling to feel a little worse for the wear, no doubt getting a bit of Brian's cold that he battled last week.

Thankfully, Brian's birthday fell on a day when he didn't have to work at night, unlike last year, so we could at least enjoy some cake and he could open his presents.  I got him some clothes (as I always do- I've got to keep my man lookin' good!), new work gloves, and a new movie he wanted to see.  I made him his usual banana cake with banana frosting, and oh, my, it was good!

Brian's parents came down to celebrate on Saturday, and it was good to see them.  They gave Brian a weed eater, which was a much-needed gift, let me tell you.  (It looks like a jungle out there on a lawn.)


Caleb got to go for a ride on his grandpa's shoulders, which are higher than Brian's, so the view was a bit different for a change.


It was a fun time celebrating, now if only we weren't battling the start of colds as well as nap time!  Baby sleep and I remain enemies.  If we ever have another, I hope and pray that that one is an easy one to put to sleep!