Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day & 34 Weeks

We celebrated Brian's third Father's Day yesterday, which is even better with another baby coming in six weeks or so.

I gave him his choice of breakfast and he chose waffles- I have a really good recipe with cinnamon in them- and I gave him his own stack of sausage that he didn't have to share with anyone.  He had two cards- one from me and the other from Caleb, and I purchased for him a leather key chain with a photo of Daddy and Caleb playing in the snow this past winter.

The card I had purchased for Brian jumped out at me from the rows and rows of cards.  On the cover it said, "To My Husband:  We Make Beautiful Music Together".  Of course, that speaks to Brian's heart!  While he is the musician and I am anything but, in marriage we make music all the time through balancing each other and working together.  I wrote these words in his card:  "I am the bow to your violin, the keys to your piano.  You provide the music- the carefree, spontaneous, and wild notes, while I provide the steady rhythm of routine.  Together, we balance each other, for by ourselves, we are incomplete."

Truly, I need Brian.  I am the structured one, Ms. Rigid if you will, and sometimes, I forget to simply throw my head back and laugh.  Brian brings an element of fun and joy into our home that we so desperately need.  Without him, it wouldn't be the same at all.  Caleb adores his Daddy, and I know the child that our God is still knitting together in my womb will love him, too.

On another note, I reached 34 weeks yesterday.  I can hardly believe I have only six weeks to go!  I am getting nervous, that is for sure.  I am registered at babycenter.com, just as I was with Caleb, for weekly baby updates, and it said this:

Make a labor contingency plan. You may go into labor early or have a complication that requires you to be in the hospital longer than you anticipated. Give at least one friend or neighbor the keys to your house in case you need something and can't get home. Line up people to do the following on a moment's notice:
  • Take care of children
  • Drive older children to and from school and to any after school activities
  • Feed the dog, water the plants, get the mail

Ummmm.... I can't do anything else besides wait for my mom to come here when I hit 39 weeks.

It'll be an interesting July, that's for sure.  My body feels so heavy, and just going to the park in the heat is becoming a bother.  I let Brian do the majority of the fun park stuff with Caleb.  I can push him in the swing and catch him at the bottom of the slide, but I let Brian do the rest of the work.  I just don't have it in me.  We plan to do some fun activities this summer before the baby comes, but I know each thing we do is going to try me in some way, especially in the heat.  Thank goodness for Brian!

The first fun activity we have planned is the zoo next week.  It will be so much more fun for Caleb this year than last, because obviously, he is so much more aware.  He's going to love it!

So glad Daddy has only three work days left after today (and graduation)!