Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 33 Weeks


Only seven weeks to go!

I am definitely getting more and more tired.  Since I am anemic, that certainly doesn't help matters. When my midwife first talked to me about it, I thought she told me I was almost anemic, but not quite.  Then, the following visit, I learned that I misunderstood her and she actually said that I am anemic, but that I am almost "not".  I have been taking more iron, but it takes a couple of months to overcome.  Sometimes, I am fighting trying not to fall asleep on the couch when Caleb is running around, and when I am driving- oh, boy!  I want to fall asleep so badly and have to resort to slapping my face to keep myself awake.  One day when reading Caleb his bedtime stories before nap, I almost fell over because I was just so ready to go to sleep.

I have developed the pregnancy waddle at this point, and for the first time today, I found myself short of breath after coming upstairs from tossing a load of laundry in.

Sleep is touch and go.  I always start sleep on my right side, where I am most comfortable, then after I get up to use the restroom, I switch to my left side, but with my left side I have to use a pregnancy pillow for support.  Brian has been snoring a lot lately because he is overworked/overtired, and it has been keeping me up, and we are working to get him to sleep on his sides instead of his back.

The heat doesn't help, and it will be a looooooong summer, I think, with a big belly, trying to stay comfortable while in bed.

It isn't easy right now.  Battling exhaustion while trying to not only stay on top of the daily chores, but accomplish bigger projects before the baby gets here, seems impossible sometimes.  Simply put, I am worn out.

I look forward to having my body back again, but the exhaustion will continue with a newborn. Some day I'll feel normal again!