Saturday, August 9, 2014

Our Wobbly Little Walker

Caleb started walking on my birthday a couple of weeks ago.  It was an itty bitty step here and there, but they were steps.  He was starting to do it a little bit more, and then he stopped.  Then, just yesterday, he decided this is it, enough is enough.  "I'm going to walk!"  He's been steadily walking more and crawling less.

Of course, we've had a couple of falls, and I have had a few near heart attacks.  I've been constantly reminding myself that every human being starts out this way.  I did it, too, and I'm sure I gave my parents a scare a time or two also.  It gives me a little bit of comfort.

I finally got a photo, because it usually happens so fast that either the camera isn't ready or I'm just too busy watching and waiting for his safe descent back to the floor that a photo isn't on the mind.  But here are a couple, finally:




It is so strange to suddenly see your child completely upright, without holding onto anything.  I'm still not used to it, and every time he lets go of the cabinet or whatever he was just holding onto, my heart drops a bit.  I try not to squeal or exclaim because I don't want to get him riled up.  But it is nerve wracking!  I want to wrap him in bubble wrap and keep him from getting hurt.

I'm so proud of my boy!