Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Summer Painting Projects

When we bought our house two years ago, we got a good deal.  It was a foreclosure, and many foreclosures are, let's face it, dumps.  This one was not.  It needed a little bit of TLC in terms of paint, but that was about it.  In fact, it was hardly lived in.  I think it had been a second home for the previous owners, and with the exceptions of marked up walls due to moving furniture in and out... it didn't look all that lived in.  The bathrooms and kitchen, for example, looked for the most part, unused.  I felt like I was using brand new cabinets when I began filling them.

One thing that really needed to be done was painting the deck and front steps.  Yikes.  That wood had been sitting for who knows how long.  We didn't get to it last summer, I suppose, because we were pretty enthralled with our new baby.  (And really, since I was nursing every five minutes, or just about, it would have been hard to accomplish anything anyway.)

We decided months ago that we would get to it this summer.  Brian went to Lowe's the very first day of his vacation to pick out some paint, armed with my description of the color I was desiring.  He did great picking out a color, and so we got to work.

We each put in our fair share of work.  I would work during Caleb's naps, or even in the evenings after he was down.  (Don't you just love the long summer days?)

This is how everything turned out:




 

I love the color and think it looks fantastic against the house.  Next year we want to touch up all the blue trim.  Let's see if we'll get to it!