Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Starting to Slow Down

Folks, I think I've reached the point where I finally need to start slowing down.

I have been in go, go, go mode, pretty much non-stop.  But it is all starting to catch up to me, and I am feeling it.  My mom keeps telling me to leave some projects for her to take care of, and I think I am finally in agreement.

I am tired and worn out.  Just a quick trip to the park wears me out.  Thank the Lord Brian is there with us.  I just can't chase after an active toddler with a bowling bowl strapped to my belly.

My to-do list is looking pretty good.  Brian and I plan to still clean the downstairs bathroom and make it lovely for my mom before she comes, and of course I need to clean our upstairs bathroom (and maybe make Brian scrub the tub for me), and keep up with the regular chores, but other than this, I need to start sitting down more.

Things I haven't done yet?  Move out the stove and vacuum behind it, and wash the kitchen and hallway floors.  My mom said she'll help with both of those.  Are they must dos before the baby?  No, of course not.  But I have cleaned the entire kitchen otherwise, and when I do a job, I like to do it thoroughly.  I might as well finish the whole thing.

Of course, even though I have scrubbed everything down, crumbs still manage to sneak in after all the hard work.  I just wiped a few out of the fridge!  It just isn't fair!

Ah, well.  That's how it goes!  The big projects are done, and my packing list is made.  I have started to pack, but many things, of course, will wait until last minute.  With my checklist, I have no worries that I will forget anything.

Meanwhile, Baby is very active.  I love the movements that assure me our little one is all right.  I have read too many articles on things that can go wrong, even at the very end.  Every movement is like a blessing from heaven.  I am constantly touching a limb that is poking me, and I love it so much!