Friday, July 31, 2015

Any Day Now

Just a brief update to say that we are alive and well, and we are still waiting for Baby #2.

Suffice it to say that I have been exhausted and weary.  Ever since my fall on the stairs one week ago today, I've really been struggling with my back and my foot.  It's not easy for either to get a reprieve with all this extra weight I am lugging around.

Other than this, we are patiently waiting for the big moment to arrive.  I am a bundle of nerves- constantly reading about labor and childbirth techniques, especially since I am still hoping to go natural.  I am anxious over the long car ride, fearing that we will leave too late and Brian will be forced to deliver our baby in the car.  (My sister encouraged us to pack a couple of towels and a large garbage bag... just in case... and told me she'd talk Brian through it if this nightmare scenario happened.)

I already have my appointments scheduled if I go past my due date.  My midwife wanted me signed up early, because apparently there are many women in this practice due around the same time I am. So, if I am still pregnant, I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday to check my amniotic fluid (which with Caleb was very low and I had to be induced), and then for Friday for a follow-up with my midwife.  I am truly hoping to not need these appointments!

We have been laying low otherwise, and I feel badly for Caleb, because it is just impossible to go gallivanting about town doing fun things.  I am tired, and simple trips are wearing me out.  The heat and humidity, of course, do not help.

Please keep us in your prayers!  We appreciate it!